Reading can be instrumental in enhancing your writing career.
Here are a few benefits of being a reader:
- Understand story structure
- Help get a feel for what readers want in a story
- Get your creative juices flowing with new ideas
- Learn from famous authors
- Enhance your language skills and learn new words
- Explore new genres and styles
- Learn what doesn't work and why
- Learn new cultures and lifestyles
There are so many other reasons to read, but these are some of the most beneficial to you as a writer.
Life is busy, but make time to read. Kindle on your phone puts books at your fingertips, so when you're waiting in line or at an appointment, you can find a few minutes to read the next chapter of a book.
When your writing needs a boost, pick up a good book and start reading.