As we’ve discussed in the last blog post about writer's block, writer’s block is tough to get around, and it happens to all of us.
For fun, here are some quick prompts that may get your creative juices flowing:
- She stopped suddenly and looked up when she heard the tornado sirens begin to wail.
- He ducked as a large insect missed colliding with his forehead. “What was that?”
- There is a story in the newspaper about someone vandalizing gravestones.
- Her missing cousin showed up 13 years later and had a story that was unbelievable.
- She hung up the phone in disbelief. Who knew that she was a relative of …
- He stared at the painting on the wall of his best friend’s living room. It looked like the original Mona Lisa, but that was impossible.
- You just found out that you won the lottery. What is the first thing you’re going to buy?
- You got an invitation to your high school reunion. What memories or horrors does that prompt?
- You were looking at the stars in your telescope, and then you saw a bright object that you didn’t recognize. Who do you call?
- Your neighbor hasn’t been seen for weeks. When is the last time you remember seeing him/her?
- You see a boat on the horizon, and then it disappears. What do you do?
- Your best friend calls you up to ask a favor; a big favor. Do you help them?
- When you unload your groceries, you notice that you have a bag that doesn’t belong to you. What do you do?
If you still are looking for prompts, here are some of my favs.